I did a big shopping trip down to Trader Joe’s a couple weekends ago, and have been dying to share my new favourite vegan staples! I HIGHLY recommend making the trip down to Trader Joe’s; the selection and price is unbeatable, and the quality of their products is unmatched.
1) Trader Joe’s Soy Creamy Mini Ice Cream Sandwiches: OMG. This is the best and closest thing I have gotten to ice cream since going vegan. I have to tell you now that they are extremely addictive..they are “mini” sandwiches, so expect to have 2…maybe 3 in a sitting. They taste like the real thing- I honestly could not taste the difference. I even gave one to my brother and he was hooked! I absolutely love them and cannot imagine my vegan diet without them now!
2) Trader Joe’s Vegan Cream Cheese: Again, another huge winner! This cream cheese beats out the disgusting Daiya version of cream cheese any day. I love adding this cream cheese to my sandwiches, or just having it on crackers. It’s a creamy spread substitute that you can actually eat on it’s own, which is actually very hard to find.
3) Trader Joe’s Vegan Microwave Popcorn: I have not seen vegan-friendly microwave popcorn anywhere before! When I am craving popcorn, I tend to pop mine fresh and add Earth Balance vegan butter. Now, when I’m in a rush or feeling lazy I can have great light tasting popcorn in 90 seconds! The bags are the perfect size for one portion, and are not heavily “buttered” or salted.
4) Trader Joe’s Bruschetta Sauce: Most bruschetta sauces are vegan-friendly, but I had to add this to my list because it is one of my absolute favourites. It has the perfect balance of garlic and basil to highlight the natural sweetness of the tomatoes. I have been adding it to my sandwiches, salads, or just on crackers. It is the perfect topping for anything!
5) Trader Joe’s Vegan Marsala Burgers: I have never found a vegan burger with such an original blend of flavours. The indian spices really add another dimension to your typical bean and quinoa vegan patty. I love having the marsala burgers with a mango chutney, or just alongside a salad. They are super versatile and flavourful enough to have on its own.